1) And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them,
“Be fruitful and multiply,
and fill the earth.
2) The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea,
into your hand they are given.
3) Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you;
I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.
4) Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.
5) Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it.
And from every man, from every man’s brother I will require the life of man.
6) Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.
7) As for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.”
8) Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying,
9) “Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you,
and with your descendants after you;
10) and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you; of all that comes out of the ark, even every beast of the earth.
11) I establish My covenant with you;
and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood,
neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.”
12) God said,
“This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you
and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations;
13) I set My bow in the cloud,
and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
14) It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,
15) and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16) When the bow is in the cloud,
then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”
17) And God said to Noah,
“This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
18) Now the sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem and Ham and Japheth; and Ham was the father of Canaan. 19) These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.
You can easily verify that the text you see here is identical with every other NASB Bible. Nothing has been added or removed and nothing has been changed or rearranged. We note that the integrity of the thematic structure doesn't depend upon versions and languages because these patterns are integral.
If the bars aren't arranged in a tidy fashion you can usually fix it by resizing the browser to make it a little narrower, then refreshing the page. Did you know that you can make your browser full screen? Try F11.
Hover your mouse cursor over a line of text to see it highlighted along with its companion element(s).
Hover over a bar to see that group highlighted along with its companion group(s).
If your on a yellow bar or underlined text and your mouse cursor changes from an arrow to a hand, click it to bring up comments about the shared theme. You can drag the little presentation window around to place it where you like.
Meditate prayerfully on what you see, seeking insight about each pairing. How are the elements alike? How do they differ. Why are they paired?
Yes, it really is what it appears to be. It is a supernatural phenomenon! Praise the Lord, who has blessed us with great favor in these last days! His handiwork is beyond compare! He has magnified His Word above all His name!